Monday 25 February 2013

Oscars 2013


H.M.F 2013 Oscar Edit


 - B.E.S.T  D.R.E.S.S.E.D -


Image created by me - photographs not my own


Starting from bottom left: 

Charlize Theron: Styled by Leslie Freemar - White Hot Gown, Dior Haute Couture - Jewels, Harry Winston. 
Reese Witherspoon: Styled with the help of, almost identical daughter Ava Elizabeth Phillippe - Rich Blue Gown, Louis Vuitton - Jewels also Louis Vuitton. 

Kelly Rowland: Hosted ABC's 'The Red Carpet Live!' - Monochrome Gown, Donna Karan Atelier - Jewels, Lorraine Schwartz.

Jennifer Garner: Dark Magenta Gown, Custom Gucci - Clutch, Roger Vivier - Jewels, Neil Lane.

Amy Adams: Dove Grey Oscar De La Renta Gown - Jewels, Mouawad. 


I only got to see the Oscars today but the dresses kept me up last night! What a Brilliant PR stunt from Helen Hunt or her people? H&M on what is known to be T.H.E  M.O.S.T  G.L.A.M.O.R.O.U.S red carpet in the world! Don't get me wrong H&M is great for casual summer dresses and comfortable aeroplane pieces but for the red carpet? Didn't really work out for her did it...? 

On the other hand though, we had some chic modern gowns that (in my opinion) worked wonders for the ladies above. All of them went for an unstated look which will give these stars an upper-hand when the 'Best Dressed of All Time' comes around in years to come. I know Amy Adams is slightly more statement but her gown still has the elegance and class to ensure longevity.  

Finally, I just want to say C.O.N.G.R.A.T.U.L.A.T.I.O.N.S to Adele for winning the 'Best Original Song' for Skyfall, and to Anne Hathaway for winning 'Best Actress in a Supporting Role' for her role in the film adaptation of, Les Mis. You talented souls! 


No comments:

Post a Comment